Lassington is an Ancient Parish in the county of Gloucestershire.
Parish registers begin: 1655
Parishes adjacent to Lassington
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
LASSINGTON, a parish in the district and county of Gloucester; on an affluent of the river Leadon, and on the Hereford and Gloucester canal, 2 miles NW of Gloucester r. station. Post-town, Gloucester. Acres, 535. Real property, £835. Pop., 73. Houses, 12. Most of the property belongs to Sir J. W. Guise, Bart. A very large oak is here, known as the Lassington Oak. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £120. Patrons, Sir J. W. Guise, Bart., and the Bishop of Gloucester. The church is good.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Gloucestershire
- Civil Registration District: Gloucester
- Probate Court: Pre-1541 – Court of the Bishop of Hereford, Post-1541 – Court of the Bishop of Gloucester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Post 1835 – Gloucester and Bristol, Pre 1836 – Gloucester
- Rural Deanery: Gloucester
- Poor Law Union: Gloucester
- Hundred: Dudstone and King’s Barton
- Province: Canterbury