Chelmarsh is an Ancient Parish in the county of Shropshire.
Other places included in the parish: Hempton and Sutton.
Parish registers begin: 1557
Parishes adjacent to Chelmarsh
- Glazeley and Deuxhill
Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales Circa 1870
CHELMARSH, a parish and a division in Salop. The parish is in Bridgnorth district; lies on the river Severn, 2 miles NW of Hampton r. station, and 3 ½ S by E of Bridgnorth; and has a post-office under Bridgnorth. Acres, 3,259. Real property, £6,043. Pop., 564. Houses, 112. The property is much subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £250. Patron, Sir T. G. S. Sebright, Bart. The church is ancient but very good; and has a tower.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72]
Chelmarsh or Chilmarsh Gregory Shropshire Gazetteer 1824
Chelmarsh or Chilmarsh. A parish in the Bridgnorth division of the hundred of Stottesden, a vicarage discharged, in the diocese of Hereford, the deanery of Stottesden, and archdeaconry of Salop. 72 houses, 458 inhabitants. 3 ½ miles south-east of Bridgnorth.
Source: The Shropshire Gazetteer, with an Appendix, including a Survey of the County and Valuable Miscellaneous Information, with Plates. Printed and Published by T. Gregory, Wem, 1824
Chelmarsh Parish Registers 1557-1812
Shropshire Parish Registers Diocese of Hereford Vol. III (1903)
Author: Shropshire Parish Register Society
General editor; 1900-1906, W.P.W. Phillimore; 1907- W.G.D. Fletcher
Publisher: Privately printed for the Shropshire Parish Register Society
Chelmarsh Baptisms and Burials
- County: Shropshire
- Civil Registration District: Bridgnorth
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Hereford (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Hereford
- Rural Deanery: Stottesdon
- Poor Law Union: Bridgnorth
- Hundred: Stottesdon
- Province: Canterbury