Status: Ecclesiastical Parish (until 1771)
Parish church: St. Peter
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1538
- Bishop’s Transcripts:
Parishes adjacent to Pirton
Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales Circa 1870
Pirton, a parish, with a village, in Pershore Registration District, Worcester; 1 mile W of Wadborough r. station, and 4 ¾ WNW of Pershore. Post-town, Worcester. Acres, 1,669. Real property, £2,036. Pop., 212. Houses, 45. The property belongs to the Earl of Coventry. The living is a rectory, annexed to the rectory of Croome-D’Abitot, in the diocese of Worcester. The church is tolerable; and there is a free school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Worcestershire Delineated C. and J. Greenwood 1822
Pirton – a parish in the hundred of Pershore, upper division, 3 miles N.W. from Pershore; containing 40 inhabited houses. It is a rectory; Hon. and Rev. T. H. Coventry, incumbent; instituted 1816; patron, the Earl of Coventry. Population, 1801, 196 – 1811, 207 – 1821, 214.
Source: Worcestershire Delineated: Being a Topographical Description of Each Parish, Chapelry, Hamlet, &c. In the County; with the distances and bearings from their respective market towns, &c. By C. and J. Greenwood. Printed by T. Bensley, Crane Court, Fleet Street, London, 1822.
- County: Worcestershire
- Civil Registration District: Upton upon Severn; Pershore
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Worcester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Worcester
- Rural Deanery: Pershore
- Poor Law Union: Upton upon Severn
- Hundred: Oswaldslow
- Province: Canterbury