Rochford is a small parish, situated about 2 miles E.S.E. from Tenbury, and till October, 1844, was part of the county of Hereford.
- Chapelry until 1843
- Ecclesiastical Parish (created: 1843)
- Civil Parish (after 1866)
Parish church: St Michael
Parish registers begin: 1561
Nonconformists include: Primitive Methodist
Parishes adjacent to Rochford
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
ROCHFORD, a parish, with a village, in Tenbury district, Worcester; on the river Teme, 2¾ miles E of Tenbury r. station. It has a post-office under Tenbury. Acres, 1,379. Real property, £2,150. Pop., 315. Houses, 66. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £400. Patron, J. P. Jones, Esq. The church is Norman, and was restored and enlarged in 1865. There are a national school, and charities £8.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Worcestershire
- Civil Registration District: Tenbury
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Hereford (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Hereford
- Rural Deanery: Burford
- Poor Law Union: Tenbury
- Hundred: Doddingtree
- Province: Canterbury