Little Comberton is an Ancient Parish in the county of Worcestershire.
Alternative Names: Comberton Parva
Parish church: St. Peter
Parish registers begin: 1540
Parishes adjacent to Little Comberton
- Elmley Castle
- Great Comberton
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
COMBERTON (Little), a parish in Pershore district, Worcester; adjacent to the river Avon, 3 miles ENE of Eckington r. station, and 2½ SE of Pershore. Post town, Pershore. Acres, 770. Real property, £1,960. Pop., 257. Houses, 59. The property is divided among four. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £258. Patron, the Rev. W. Parker. The church is good.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Worcestershire Delineated C. and J. Greenwood 1822
Comberton-Parva – a parish adjoining Comberton-Magna, containing 40 inhabited houses. The living is a rectory; Rev. L. Middleton, incumbent; instituted 1816; patron, Sturges Bourne, Esq. Population, 1801, 168 – 1811, 158 – 1821, 172.
Source: Worcestershire Delineated: Being a Topographical Description of Each Parish, Chapelry, Hamlet, &c. In the County; with the distances and bearings from their respective market towns, &c. By C. and J. Greenwood. Printed by T. Bensley, Crane Court, Fleet Street, London, 1822.
Little Comberton Marriages
Marriages at Little Comberton 1540 to 1812
Worcestershire Parish Registers. Marriages. Edited by W. P. W. Phillimore, M.A., B.C.L., and W. F. Carter, B.A.
Vol II. Issued to the Subscribers by Phillimore & Co., 124, Chancery Lane, London. 1900.
Author: Phillimore, W. P. W. (William Phillimore Watts), 1853-1913, ed; Carter, W. F. (William Fowler), b. 1856 joint ed
- County: Worcestershire
- Civil Registration District: Pershore
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Worcester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Worcester
- Rural Deanery: Pershore
- Poor Law Union: Pershore
- Hundred: Pershore
- Province: Canterbury