Langley is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Worcestershire, created in 1845 from Halesowen Ancient Parish.
Other places in the parish include: Rounds Green.
Status: Ecclesiastical Parish
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1848
- Bishop’s Transcripts: None
Nonconformists include: Independents, Wesleyans, Primitive Methodists, and New Connexion Methodists
Parishes adjacent to Langley
- Rowley Regis
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
LANGLEY, a hamlet and a parochial chapelry in Halesowen parish, Worcester. The hamlet lies contiguous to Oldbury, near Oldbury r. station, and near the boundary with Staffordshire, 3 miles ESE of Dudley. The chapelry contains also the village of Rounds-Green; and was constituted in 1845. Post-town, Oldbury, under Birmingham. Acres, 1,100. Pop. in 1861, 5,825. Houses, 1,105. The manor belonged to the late P. A. Fraser, Esq. There are extensive iron-works, steelworks, alkali-works, phosphorus-works, brick-yards, and collieries. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £300. Patron, alternately the Crown and the Bishop. The church was built in 1852, and is in the early English decorated style. Another church, of a temporary kind, was opened in 1853 at Rounds-Green. There are chapels for Independents, Wesleyans, Primitive Methodists, and New Connexion Methodists.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Worcestershire
- Civil Registration District: West Bromwich
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Worcester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Worcester
- Rural Deanery: Kidderminster
- Poor Law Union: Stourbridge
- Hundred: Halfshire
- Province: Canterbury