Kyre Magna, or Great Kyre, is a small Parish situate 4 miles S. from Tenbury, containing in 1851 a population of 136 inhabitants.
The Church is a small, ancient edifice, consisting of nave, chancel, and south transept, with western tower and spire of wood. The transept and chancel have late Norman arches, and the former has a piscina. The eastern chancel window is of neatly stained glass, and the chancel contains several marble monuments to the memory of the family of the Pytts. The living is a Rectory, in the patronage of William Lacon Childe, Esq. Rev. T. E. M. Holland, Curate; Mr. William Benbow, Clerk. Service – 12 p.m.
Childe William L., Esq., Kyre House
Box John, tailor
Davis Reece, blacksmith
Hill Richard, farmer, The Firs
Jones William, farmer, Pigeon House
Maylett Ann, farmer, Kyre Cottage Owens James, farmer, Kyre Common
Patrick John Waldron, farmer, The gate House
Winton The Misses, ladies’ boarding and day school, Parsonage
Post Office – Mr. Reece Davis, Sub-Postmaster, Arrival, 11 a.m.; despatch, 3 30 p.m.
Source: Billings Directory of Worcestershire 1855