Great Comberton is an Ancient Parish in the county of Worcestershire.
Alternative names: Comberton Magna
Parish church: St. Michael
Parish registers begin: 1540
Parishes adjacent to Great Comberton
- Elmley Castle
- Pershore St Andrew with Pershore Holy Cross
- Overbury with Alstone, Teddington and Little Washbourne
- Birlingham with Nafford
- Little Comberton
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
COMBERTON (Great), a parish in Pershore district, Worcester; on the river Avon, under Bredon hill, 2¼ miles E by N of Eckington r. station, and 2¾ SSE of Pershore. Post town, Pershore. Acres, 960. Real property, £1,688. Pop., 247. Houses, 53. The property is subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £254. Patron, the Rev. H. Parker. The church is good. Charities, £23.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Worcestershire Delineated C. and J. Greenwood 1822
Comberton-Magna – a parish in the hundred of Pershore, upper division, 2 ½ miles S. from Pershore, and 103 from London; containing 48 inhabited houses. It is a rectory; Rev. L. Middleton, incumbent; instituted 1808; patroness, Mrs. Middleton. Population, 1801, 218 – 1811, 220 – 1821, 206.
Source: Worcestershire Delineated: Being a Topographical Description of Each Parish, Chapelry, Hamlet, &c. In the County; with the distances and bearings from their respective market towns, &c. By C. and J. Greenwood. Printed by T. Bensley, Crane Court, Fleet Street, London, 1822.
- County: Worcestershire
- Civil Registration District: Pershore
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Worcester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Worcester
- Rural Deanery: Pershore
- Poor Law Union: Pershore
- Hundred: Pershore
- Province: Canterbury