Notgrove is an Ancient Parish in the county of Gloucestershire.
Parish registers begin: 1660
Parishes adjacent to Notgrove
- Cold Salperton
- Cold Aston
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
NOTGROVE, a parish in Stow-on-the-Wold district, Gloucester; 2½ miles W N W of the Fosse way, 3½ W S W of Bourton-on-the-Water r. station, and 3½ N of Northleach. Post-town, Northleach, under Cheltenham. Acres, 1,530. Real property, £2,217. Pop., 162. Houses, 35. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £356. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is old; consists of nave and chancel, with tower and small spire; and was reported in 1859 as bad.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Notgrove, 3m. N. Northleach. P. 181
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850
- County: Gloucestershire
- Civil Registration District: Stow on the Wold
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Gloucester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Post 1835 – Gloucester and Bristol, Pre 1836 – Gloucester
- Rural Deanery: Stow
- Poor Law Union: Stow on the Wold
- Hundred: Bradley
- Province: Canterbury