Farmington is an Ancient Parish in the county of Gloucestershire.
Parish registers begin: 1613
Parishes adjacent to Farmington
- Bourton on the Water
- Cold Aston
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
FARMINGTON, a parish in Northleach district, Gloucester; near the Fosse way, 1¼ mile NE of Northleach, and 4¼ SW by S of Bourton-on-the-Water r. station. Post town, Northleach, under Cheltenham. Acres, 2,470. Real property, £2,341. Pop., 284. Houses, 59. The property is all in one estate. Farmington Lodge is the seat of H. E. Waller, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £121. Patron, H. E. Waller, Esq. The church is partly Norman, partly early English, and partly of later dates; consists of nave, chancel, aisle, and porch, with a tower; and is good.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Farmington, ½ mile N. Northleach. P. 359
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850
- County: Gloucestershire
- Civil Registration District: Northleach
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Gloucester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Post 1835 – Gloucester and Bristol, Pre 1836 – Gloucester
- Rural Deanery: Northleach
- Poor Law Union: Northleach
- Hundred: Bradley
- Province: Canterbury