Aylburton is a chapelry of Lydney Ancient Parish in Gloucestershire.
Parish church: St. Mary
Parish registers begin: 1936 see also Lydney
Parishes adjacent to Aylburton
- St Briavels
Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales Circa 1870
Aylburton, a tything in Lydney parish, Gloucester; about a mile W of Lydney. It has a post-office under Lydney. Pop., 604. Houses, 106. It forms a curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Lydney, in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Aylburton, 7½ m. S.W. Newnham. P.468
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.
Lewis Topographical Dictionary of England 1845
Aylburton, a chapelry, in the parish of Lidney, union of Chepstow, hundred of Bledisloe, W. division of the county of Gloucester, 4½ miles (SW by W) from Blakeney; containing 468 inhabitants. The chapel is dedicated to St. Mary.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis Fifth Edition Published London; by S. Lewis and Co., 13, Finsbury Place, South. M. DCCC. XLV.
The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales 1840
Aylburton, a chapelry in the parish of Lidney, Gloucester; 4½ miles south-west from Blackeney. Living, a curacy, not in charge, in the patronage of the vicar of Lidney. The charity of Christopher Willowby, founded m 1680, produces £16 per annum. There is a daily school here. Pop., in 1801, 249; in 1831, 388. Houses 67. A. P. £1,855. Poor rates, in 1837, £118.
Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1840.
Topographical Dictionary of Great Britain and Ireland 1833
Aylburton, co. Gloucester.
P.T. Blakeney (123) 4½ m. SW. Pop. 353.
A chapelry in the parish of Lidney and hundred of Blideslow; living, a chapelry not in charge, in the archdeaconry of Hereford and diocese of Gloucester; church ded to St. Mary; patronage with the vicarage of Lidney.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of Great Britain and Ireland by John Gorton. The Irish and Welsh articles by G. N. Wright; Vol. I; London; Chapman and Hall, 186, Strand; 1833.
- County: Gloucestershire
- Civil Registration District: Chepstow
- Probate Court: Pre-1541 – Court of the Bishop of Hereford, Post-1541 – Court of the Bishop of Gloucester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Gloucester and Bristol
- Rural Deanery: Forest
- Poor Law Union: Chepstow
- Hundred: Bledisloe
- Province: Canterbury