Aston Subedge is a township, small village, and parish, 3 miles from Church Honeybourne station on the Oxford, Worcester, and Wolverhampton line of railway, 31 from Gloucester, 7 from Evesham, 4 from Campden, and about 90 north-west from London, in the upper division of the Hundred of Kiftsgate, and bishopric of Gloucester and Bristol, and Union of Evesham. The church is a small stone building, having a tower, nave, and aisle, and 1 bell; the Rev. Henry Cooper is the curate. The population, in 1851, was 132. The acreage contained in the parish is 702 acres, of the rateable value of £1,200. Lady Steele is lady of the manor.
Baites Henry, shopkeeper
Dyde Richard, shopkeeper
Garner John, farmer
Roberts Henry, cattle dealer
Stanley Samuel, farmer
Letters are received through Broadway, which is also the nearest money order office.
Source: Post Office Directory of Gloucestershire with Bath and Bristol. Printed and Published by Kelly and Co., 19, 20 & 21, Old Boswell Court, St. Clement’s, Strand, London. 1856.