Aston Subedge is an Ancient Parish in the county of Gloucestershire.
Parish church: St. Andrew
Parish registers begin: 1537
Parishes adjacent to Aston Subedge
- Church Honeybourne
Aston Subedge Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Aston-sub-Edge, 1 m. N. Campden. P.134
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.
The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales 1840
Aston, or Ashton-sub-Edge, a parish in the upper division of the hund. of Kiftsgate, union of Evesham, Gloucestershire; 5 miles south-east of Evesham. Living, a rectory in the archd. of Gloucester and dio. of Gloucester and Bristol; rated at £10 2s. 3 ½ d.; gross income £204. Patron, in 1835, the earl of Harrowby. Great and small tithes, moduses, &c., the property of the clerical rector, commuted in 1771. Pop., in 1801, 116; in 1831, 103. Houses 28. Acres 850. A. P. £986. Poor rates, in 1837, £16.
Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1840.
Topographical Dictionary of Great Britain and Ireland 1833
Aston-Subedge, co. Gloucester.
P. T. Campden (96) 2 m. NNW. Pop. 116.
A parish in the upper division of the hundred of Kiftsgate; living, a rectory in the archdeaconry and diocese of Gloucester; charged in K. B. 10l. 2s. 3½d.; patron (1829) the Earl of Harrowby.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of Great Britain and Ireland by John Gorton. The Irish and Welsh articles by G. N. Wright; Vol. I; London; Chapman and Hall, 186, Strand; 1833.
Marriages at Aston Subedge 1539 to 1812
Note. – The first Volume of the Parish Registers of Aston Subedge, a parchment book of 51 leaves, arranged in three sections, De baptismo, de matrimonio, and de sepultura mortuorum, has strayed from its proper custody, and is now preserved in the chest of the neighbouring church of Mickleton.
The Marriages begin on fo.31 with the wedding of Laurence Horne and Margery Hawkes.
This transcript has been made by Mr. S. G. Hamilton, of Hertford College, Oxford, and is now printed under his supervision by the permission of the Revs. W. V. B. Perry and A.M. Coxwell-Rogers, successively Vicars of Mickleton.
The marriages from 1720 to 1812 are preserved at Aston Subedge, and have been extracted by permission of the Rev. M. Churton, of Aston Subedge, by the Rev. J. Harvey Bloom, under whose supervision they are now printed.
Source: Gloucestershire Parish Register. Marriages. Edited by W. P. W. Phillimore, M.A., B.C.L., Vol. III. Issued to the Subscribers by Phillimore & Co., 36, Essex Street, Strand, London. 1898.
Aston Subedge Gloucestershire Marriages Out of Parish
Below is a list of people who were from Aston Subedge but who were married in another parish.
John Schreeves, of Aston Subedge, co. Gloucester, & Ann Mealen, lic. … 18 Oct. 1767 at North & Middle Littleton, Worcestershire.
Thomas Batchelor, of Aston Subedge, & Sarah Jelfs 13 Oct. 1777 at North & Middle Littleton, Worcestershire.
Poll Book 1834, Aston Subedge Gloucestershire
Below are the names of those that voted in the election of August 1834 between Christopher William Codrington, Esquire, and Charles Hanbury Tracy Leigh, Esquire.
Poll Book of the Election, August 1834 for the Eastern Division of the County of Gloucester.
Campden Polling District
Aston Subedge Parish
|Gardner Joseph||Aston Subedge||freehold land||Aston Subedge|
|Gardner William||ditto||50l. renter||ditto|
|Gardner John||ditto||freehold land||ditto|
|Wheatley John||ditto||freehold house &c||ditto|
- County: Gloucestershire
- Civil Registration District: Evesham
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Gloucester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Post 1835 – Gloucester and Bristol, Pre 1836 – Gloucester
- Rural Deanery: Campden
- Poor Law Union: Evesham
- Hundred: Kiftsgate
- Province: Canterbury