Toddington is an Ancient Parish in the county of Gloucestershire. Stanley Pontlarge is a chapelry of Toddington.
Parish registers begin: 1652
Parishes adjacent to Toddington
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
TODDINGTON, a parish in Winchcomb district, Gloucester; 3 miles N by E of Winchcomb, and 7 E of Ashchurch r. station. Post town, Winchcomb, under Cheltenham. Acres, 1,857. Real property, £2,990. Pop., 153. Houses, 31. The manor, with T. House, belongs to Lord Sudeley. The living is a vicarage, united with Stanley-Pontlarge, in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, not reported. Patron, Lord Sudeley. The church was rebuilt in 1723.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Marriages Out of Parish
Below is a list of people who were from Toddington but who were married in another parish.
Thomas Bee, of Toddington, & Agness Orall [or Ornall], s., of S. L. 27 Nov. 1786 at South Littleton, Worcestershire.
- County: Gloucestershire
- Civil Registration District: Winchcomb
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Gloucester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Post 1835 – Gloucester and Bristol, Pre 1836 – Gloucester
- Rural Deanery: Campden
- Poor Law Union: Winchcombe
- Hundred: Kiftsgate
- Province: Canterbury