Windrush is an Ancient Parish in the county of Gloucestershire.
Parish registers begin: 1586
Parishes adjacent to Windrush
- Great Barrington
- Little Barrington
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
WINDRUSH, a parish, with a village, in Northleach district, Gloucester; 4 miles W by N of Burford r. station. Post town, Burford, under Faringdon. Acres, 1,710. Real property, £2,037; of which £20 are in quarries. Pop., 290. Houses, 65. The manor belongs to Lord Sherborne. There is a Roman camp. The living is a vicarage, annexed to Sherborne. The church is old. Charities £20 and 10 acres for fuel.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Gloucestershire
- Civil Registration District: Northleach
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Gloucester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Pre 1836 – Gloucester, Post 1835 – Gloucester and Bristol
- Rural Deanery: Northleach
- Poor Law Union: Northleach
- Hundred: Slaughter
- Province: Canterbury