Whittington is an Ancient Parish in the county of Gloucestershire.
Other places in the parish include: Syreford
Parish registers begin: 1539
Parishes adjacent to Whittington
- Charlton Kings
- Shipton Sollars
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
WHITTINGTON, a parish in Northleach district, Gloucester; 4½ miles ESE of Cheltenham r. station. Post town, Cheltenham. Acres, 1,422. Real property, £1,747. Pop., 217. Houses, 36. W. Court is the seat of F. S. Waller, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £376. Patron, H.-Wright, Esq. The church is partly Norman. There is an endowed school with £32 a year.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Gloucestershire
- Civil Registration District: Northleach
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Gloucester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Post 1835 – Gloucester and Bristol, Pre 1836 – Gloucester
- Rural Deanery: Winchcombe
- Poor Law Union: Northleach
- Hundred: Bradley
- Province: Canterbury