Wapley with Codrington is an Ancient Parish in the county of Gloucestershire.
Alternative names: Wapley-cum-Codrington
Other places in the parish include: Codrington.
Parish registers begin: 1662
Nonconformists include: Baptist
Parishes adjacent to Wapley with Codrington
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
WAPLEY-CUM-CODRINGTON, a parish in Chipping-Sodbury district, Gloucester; 2 miles SE of Yate r. station. Post town, Chipping-Sodbury. Acres, 2,448. Real property, £4,757. Pop., 358. Houses, 73. The manor belongs to W. Codrington, Esq. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £400. Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Bristol. The church was restored in 1862.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Wapley with Codrington, 1½ mile S. Chipping-Sodbury. P. 366
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850
Codrington Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Codrington See Wapley. 2½ miles Chipping-Sodbury.
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.
- County: Gloucestershire
- Civil Registration District: Chipping Sodbury
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Gloucester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Pre 1836 – Gloucester, Post 1835 – Gloucester and Bristol
- Rural Deanery: Hawkesbury
- Poor Law Union: Chipping Sodbury
- Hundred: Grumbald’s Ash
- Province: Canterbury