Oddington is an Ancient Parish in the county of Gloucestershire.
Parish registers begin: 1549
Parishes adjacent to Oddington
The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales 1851
Oddington, a parish in the upper division of Slaughter hund., union of Stow-on-the-Wold, county of Gloucester; 2 miles east of Stow-on-the-Wold, and west of the Evenlode river. Living, a rectory, formerly in the archd. and dio. of Gloucester, now in the dio. of Gloucester and Bristol; rated at £21 7s. 1d.; gross income £415. Tithes commuted in 1786. Patron, the precentor of the York cathedral. Here are 5 daily schools. Charities, in 1826, £3 14s. 8d. per annum. Poor rates, in 1838, £252. Acres 1,660. Houses 110. A.P. £2,883. Pop., in 1801, 421; in 1831, 539.
Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1851.
Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Oddington, 1 m. S.E. Stow. P. 525
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850
- County: Gloucestershire
- Civil Registration District: Stow on the Wold
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Gloucester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Post 1835 – Gloucester and Bristol, Pre 1836 – Gloucester
- Rural Deanery: Stow
- Poor Law Union: Stow on the Wold
- Hundred: Slaughter
- Province: Canterbury