Other places in the parish: Bentley Park
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1837; see also Shustoke
- Bishop’s Transcripts: None
Parishes adjacent to Bentley
- Over Whitacre
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
BENTLEY, a hamlet in Shustoke parish, Warwick; 3 miles SW of Atherstone. Acres, 1,830. Real property, £2,749. Pop., 233. Houses, 50. It includes Bentley Park; and forms a chapelry annexed to the vicarage of Shustoke. The church was built in 1844.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales 1851
Bentley, a hamlet and chapelry in the parish of Shustock, Atherstone division of the hund. of Hemlingford, county of Warwick; 3 miles south west of Atherstone, in the neighbourhood of the Birmingham and Derby railroad. Living, a curacy not in charge, annexed to the vicarage of Shustock. There are two daily schools here. Pop., in 1801, 206; in 1831, 270. Houses 65. Acres 1,230. A.P. £1,735. Poor rates, in 1837, £84.
Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1851.
Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Bentley, 3 m. N.E. Shustoke. P.266
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.
- County: Warwickshire
- Civil Registration District: Atherstone
- Probate Court: Pre-1837 – Court of the Bishop of Lichfield and Coventry (Episcopal Consistory), Post-1836 – Court of the Bishop of Worcester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Worcester
- Rural Deanery: Arden
- Poor Law Union: Atherstone
- Hundred: Hemlingford
- Province: Canterbury