Flyford Flavel, formerly called Flabel, is pleasantly situated about 9 miles E. from Worcester, and about 8 ½ S.W. from Alcester. It contained in 1851 a population of 151 inhabitants.
The Church, dedicated to St. Peter, is a plain, ancient edifice, consisting of nave, chancel, and western square tower. The chancel was restored about nine years ago, and the east window, of stained glass, was inserted. The nave contains an ancient piscina; there is also a recess in the south wall of the chancel. The living is a Rectory, in the gift of W. Laslett, Esq. Rev. Francis Best, B.A., Rector; Mr. Edward Skinner, Clerk. Service – 11 a.m. and 3 p.m., alternately.
Best Rev. Francis, B.A., Rector of Flyford and Abberton, Rectory
Beck Thomas, blacksmith
Clark Thomas, victualler, steam machine proprietor, wheelwright and shopkeeper, Boot Inn and Halfway House
Cull Richard, farmer
Ewins William, shoe maker, Portway House
Griffin Theophinia, farmer, Church Farm
Laight John, farmer and Constable
Laight Richard, farmer
Skinner Edward, carpenter and Parish Clerk
Smith Henry, farmer, The Hill
Smith Henry, farmer
Smith John Dyke, machine proprietor
Tandy Henry, shoe maker
Unton John, farmer
Weston Thomas, farmer
Young William, mason
Carrier – Worcester, Handy, Wed. and Sat., 7 a.m.
Source: Billings Directory of Worcestershire 1855