Edvin Loach is a chapelry of Clifton on Teme Ancient Parish in Worcestershire.
Parish registers begin: 1576
Parishes adjacent to Edvin Loach
- Edvin Ralph
- Tedstone Wafer
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
EDVIN-LOACH, a parish in the district of Bromyard and county of Worcester; environed by Herefordshire, 2¼ miles N of Bromyard town and r. station. Post town, Bromyard, under Worcester. Acres, 534. Real property, £620. Pop., 53. Houses, 12. There are remains of an ancient camp. The living is a rectory, united with the rectory of Tedstone-Wafer, in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £156. Patron, E. Higginson, Esq. The church consists of only a nave and small porch.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales 1851
Edwin-Loach, a parish in the upper division of the hund, of Doddingtree, union of Bromyard, county of Worcester, locally situated in Herefordshire; 2¼ miles north of Bromyard. Living, a discharged rectory with that of Tedstone-Wafer, in the archd. of Salop and dio. of Hereford; rated at £2 1s. 10½d.; gross income £168. Patron, in 1835, E. Higginson, Esq. Charities, in 1836, £4 7s. Poor rates, in 1838, £48 15s. Acres 360. Houses 11. A.P. £626. Pop., in 1801. 85; in 1831, 62.
Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1851.
Topographical Dictionary of Great Britain and Ireland 1833
Edwin, Loach, co. Worcester.
P. T. Bromyard (125) 3 m. N b E. Pop. 63.
A parish in the upper division of the hundred of Doddingtree; living, a dis. rectory, with the curacy of Tedstone Wafer, in the archdeaconry of Salop and diocese of Hereford; valued in K. B. 2l. 1s. 10½d.; ann. val. P. R. 130l.; patron (1829) — Higginson, Esq.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of Great Britain and Ireland by John Gorton. The Irish and Welsh articles by G. N. Wright; Vol. I; London; Chapman and Hall, 186, Strand; 1833.
Worcestershire Delineated C. and J. Greenwood 1822
Edvin-Loach – a parish in the hundred of Doddingtree, upper division, 3 miles N.E. from Bromyard, and 129 from London; surrounded by Herefordshire; containing 13 inhabited houses. It is a rectory, in the diocese of Hereford and archdeaconry of Salop; Rev. E. Green, incumbent; patron, Mrs. Pytts. Population, 1801, 85 – 1811, 62 – 1821, 63.
Source: Worcestershire Delineated: Being a Topographical Description of Each Parish, Chapelry, Hamlet, &c. In the County; with the distances and bearings from their respective market towns, &c. By C. and J. Greenwood. Printed by T. Bensley, Crane Court, Fleet Street, London, 1822.
- County: Worcestershire
- Civil Registration District: Bromyard
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Hereford (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Hereford
- Rural Deanery: Burford
- Poor Law Union: Bromyard
- Hundred: Doddingtree
- Province: Canterbury