Defford is a chapelry of Pershore St Andrew with Pershore Holy Cross Ecclesiastical Parish in Worcestershire.
Other places in the parish include: Walborough.
Parish registers begin: 1540
Nonconformists include: Baptist
Parishes adjacent to Defford
- Earl’s Croome
- Croome D’Abitot with Pirton
- Severn Stoke
- Birlingham with Nafford
- Hill Croome
Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales Circa 1870
Defford, a chapelry in St. Andrew-Pershore parish, Worcester; on the river Avon, and the Birmingham and Gloucester railway, 3 miles SW of Pershore. It has a station on the railway, and a post-office under Pershore. Acres, 1,760. Real property, £2,343. Pop., 463. Houses, 102. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Pershore, in the diocese of Worcester. The church is good; and there is a dissenting chapel.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Worcestershire Delineated C. and J. Greenwood 1822
Defford – a hamlet and chapelry in the parish of St. Andrew, Pershore, in the hundred of Pershore, upper division, 3 miles S.W. from Pershore, and 106 from London; containing 71 inhabited houses. Population, 1801, 284 – 1811, 334 – 1821, 374.
Source: Worcestershire Delineated: Being a Topographical Description of Each Parish, Chapelry, Hamlet, &c. In the County; with the distances and bearings from their respective market towns, &c. By C. and J. Greenwood. Printed by T. Bensley, Crane Court, Fleet Street, London, 1822.
- County: Worcestershire
- Civil Registration District: Pershore
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Worcester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Worcester
- Rural Deanery: Pershore
- Poor Law Union: Pershore
- Hundred: Pershore
- Province: Canterbury