Coston Hackett, or Cofton Hackett, is a small agricultural parish, about 3 miles from Bromsgrove, containing in 1851 a population of 183 inhabitants.
The Church is a old plain structure, with nave and chancel. Rev. H. Clarke, Rector; Rev. William T. Henham, Curate; Mr. Thomas Harris, Clerk. Service – 11 a.m. and 3 p.m.
Merry John, Esq., magistrate, Gravelly House
Drew George, shoe maker
Fisher Thomas, farmer, The Common
Laugher John, farmer, Gravelly Lane
Penn Thomas, farmer, The Hall
Perkins Thomas, farmer, Low Hill
Stibbs Edward, blacksmith, farmer, and shopkeeper
Terry James, farmer, Cofton Richards
Yardley Samuel, farmer, Gravelly Farm
Source: Billings Directory of Worcestershire 1855