Broughton Hackett is a very small village and parish, situate about 4 ½ miles E. from Worcester, containing according to the census of 1851 a population of 133, being 21 less than in 1841.
The Church is a very plain building, in the early English style of architecture, containing only a nave and chancel, with nothing to call forth any further comment, if we except a tablet to the Bridges family. The living is a Rectory, in the patronage of the Crown. Rev. Henry M. Sherwood, B.A., Incumbent; Mr. Thomas Holt, Clerk. Service – 11 a.m.
The Charities are but few. Thomas Gould and John Cross left a messuage and land, the proceeds of which are divided between the church and the poor. The sum of £2 was left by William Yeardley, the interest to be distributed to the poor at Easter.
Cormer Edwin, farmer
Cormer George, farmer
Hill Robert, blacksmith
Holt Edwin, shoe maker
Holt Thomas, beer retailer, New Inn
Huband John, farmer
Page Henry, farmer, Broughton House
Rogers John, farmer, Rectory Farm
Source: Billings Directory of Worcestershire 1855