Bredicot is a small parish on the Birmingham and Bristol branch of the Midland railway, 4 miles E. of Worcester, and 6 S. by E. of Droitwich; is in the western division of the county, Lower Oswaldslow hundred, Pershore union, petty sessional division, and county court district, Broughton Hackett polling district, Worcester diocese and archdeaconry, and East Worcester rural deanery. The area of the parish is 397a. 3r. 16p. ; annual rateable value, £812; population in 1861, 53; in 1871, 68; with 12 inhabited houses. Robert Berkeley, Esq., is lord of the manor and principal landowner. The soil is various; chief produce, wheat, barley, peas, and beans. The church of St. James is a little oblong building, with a bell-cot. The register begins with the year 1702. The living is a rectory, to which the vicarage of Tibberton is annexed. The two livings being but of small value, and Bredicot having a parsonage house while Tibberton had none, the Dean and Chapter of Worcester, who are the patrons, some years ago caused them to be united in perpetuity under the powers of an Act of Parliament giving facilities for consolidating small and dividing larger livings. The joint annual value is about £262, with residence; the Rev. William Major Kingsmill, M.A., Jesus College, Cambridge, the present rector, was instituted in 1865. For educational purposes Bredicot is the centre of a district, having a national school for the poor children of Spetchley, White Ladies’ Aston, Broughton Hackett, Churchill, Bredicot, and Warndon. Some Roman coins were discovered here a few years ago near Bredicot court by the father of the present occupier.
Postal Regulations. – Letters are received through Worcester, which is the nearest money-order and telegraph office and post town.
Parish Church (St. James’s). – Rev. William Major Kingsmill, M.A., Rector
National School (boys and girls). – Mr. E. George, Master; Mrs. George, Mistress.
Kingsmill Rev. William Major, M.A. (rector of Bredicot and vicar of Tibberton). The Rectory
Chamberlain Henry, farmer, Bredicot court
George E., schoolmaster
Source: Littlebury, Littlebury’s Directory and Gazetteer of Worcester & District, Third Edition. Printed by Ballantyne, Hanson & Co. 1879.