Bredicot is a very small parish, about 3 miles E. of Worcester, and contained in 1851 a population of 65 inhabitants.
The Church, dedicated to St. James, is a small old building, in the early English style of architecture, and contains a stone pulpit. In the chancel is a carved oak chair, dated 1690, the gift of Henry Chamberlain, Esq., of Bredicot Court. The living is a Rectory, in the gift of the Dean and Chapter of Worcester. Rev. Philip Sidney Ashworth, M.A., Rector; no Clerk appointed. Service – 11 a.m. and 3 p.m., alternately with Tibberton.
The National School, for boys and girls was erected by subscription in 1842, for the poor children belonging to this and adjoining parishes: the land was given by the Dean and Chapter of Worcester. Mr. John Jacob, Master; Harriet Jacob, Mistress. Average number of scholars – boys, 100, girls, 70.
Ashworth Rev. Philip S., M.A., Rector of Bredicot and Tibberton
Chamberlain Henry, Esq., Bredicot Court
Source: Billings Directory of Worcestershire 1855