Hawridge is an Ancient Parish in the county of Buckinghamshire.
Parish registers begin: 1785
Nonconformists include: General Baptist
Parishes adjacent to Hawridge
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
HAWRIDGE, a parish in Aylesbury district, Bucks; adjacent to Herts, 3¼ miles N of Chesham, and 4 WSW of Berkhampstead r. station, Post-town, Cholesbury, under Tring. Acres, 696. Real property, £1,006. Pop., 276. Houses, 54. The property is divided among a few. The old manor-house is moated. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £150. Patron, the Rev. H. Du Cane. The church is good, and has an old circular font.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Hawridge, 3m. N. Chesham. P. 233.
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850
Marriages at Hawridge 1600-1812
- County: Buckinghamshire
- Civil Registration District: Aylesbury
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Buckingham
- Diocese: Post-1844 – Oxford, Pre-1845 – Lincoln
- Rural Deanery: Post-1844 – Mursley, Pre-1845 – None
- Poor Law Union: Aylesbury
- Hundred: Cottesloe
- Province: Canterbury