Fenny Stratford is an Ecclesiastical Parish and a market town in the county of Buckinghamshire, created in 1730 from a chapelry in Bletchley Parish and Simpson Parish.
Parish church: St Martin
Parish registers begin: 1730
Nonconformists include: Baptist and Wesleyan Methodist.
Parishes adjacent to Fenny Stratford
- Bow Brickhill
- Little Brickhill
- Great Brickhill
Beeton’s British Gazetteer 1870
Stratford, Fenny, a market town of England, in Buckinghamshire, 11 miles E. from Buckingham. Post town, Bletchley Station. It has a money ord. off. Manf. Lace. Mar. D. Mon. Pop. 1199. It is a station on the Cambridge, Bedford, and Bletchley branch of the London and North Western Railway.
Source: Beeton’s British Gazetteer 1870. Ward, Lock & Tyler, Paternoster Row, London.
Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Stratford-Fenny, 46 miles N. W. London, and 14 N.E. Aylesbury. Mrkt., Mon. P. 1033.
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.
- County: Buckinghamshire
- Civil Registration District: Newport Pagnell
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Buckingham
- Diocese: Pre-1837 – Lincoln, Post-1836 – Oxford
- Rural Deanery: Newport
- Poor Law Union: Newport Pagnell
- Hundred: Newport
- Province: Canterbury