Eastleach Martin is an Ancient Parish in the county of Gloucestershire.
Alternative names: Burthorpe
Parish registers begin: 1538
Parishes adjacent to Eastleach Martin
- Broughton Poggs
- Eastleach Turville
Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
East-Leach-Martin, or Burthorpe, a parish in Northleach district, Gloucester; on the river Leach, near Icknield-street, adjacent to the boundary with Oxford, 4 miles N by E of Lechlade, and 11 WSW of Witney r. station. Post-town, East-Leach-Turville, under Swindon. Acres, 1,960. Real property, £2,462. Pop., 216. Houses, 42. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £150. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church was reported in 1859 as not good.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A Fullerton & Co. N.d.c. [1870-72].
- County: Gloucestershire
- Civil Registration District: Northleach
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Gloucester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Pre 1836 – Gloucester, Post 1835 – Gloucester and Bristol
- Rural Deanery: Fairford
- Poor Law Union: Northleach
- Hundred: Brightwells Barrow
- Province: Canterbury