Uppington is an Ancient Parish in the county of Shropshire.
Parish registers begin: 1650
Parishes adjacent to Uppington
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
UPPINGTON, a parish in Atcham district, Salop; 1¾ mile S of Walcott r. station, and 4 WSW of Wellington. It has a post-office under Wellington, Salop. Acres, 755. Real property, £1,046. Pop., 95. Houses, 15. The living is a donative in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £70. Patron, the Duke of Cleveland. The church is tolerable.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales 1851
Uppington, a parish in the Wellington division of the hund, of Bradford-South, union of Atcham, Salop; 7 miles east-south-east of Shrewsbury. Living, a perpetual curacy in the dio. of Lichfield, not in charge; returned at £69. Tithes commuted in 1839; aggregate amount £38. Patron, the Duke of Cleveland. There are two daily schools in this parish. Acres 1,680. Houses 23. A. P. £1,211. Pop., in 1801, 107; in 1831, 117. Poor rates, in 1838, £49 15s.
Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1851.
Uppington Parish Registers 1650-1812
Shropshire Parish Registers Diocese of Lichfield Vol. IV (1903)
Author: Shropshire Parish Register Society
General editor; 1900-1906, W.P.W. Phillimore; 1907- W.G.D. Fletcher
Publisher: Privately printed for the Shropshire Parish Register Society
- County: Shropshire
- Civil Registration District: Atcham
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Lichfield
- Rural Deanery: Wellington
- Poor Law Union: Atcham
- Hundred: South Bradford
- Province: Canterbury