Stapleton is an Ancient Parish in the county of Shropshire.
Other places in the parish include: Netley.
Parish registers begin: 1635
Parishes adjacent to Stapleton
- Church Pulverbach
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
STAPLETON, a parish in Atcham district, Salop; 1¼ mile SSW of Condover r. station, and 5¼ S by W of Shrewsbury. Post town, Shrewsbury. Acres, 1,836. Real property, £3,759. Pop., 281. Houses, 50. The manor belongs to the Hon. W. H. Powys. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £581. Patron, the Hon. W. H. Powys. The church is ancient.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Shropshire Gazetteer 1824
Netley. A township in the parish of Stapleton, and in the Condover division of the hundred of Condover. 6 ½ miles south-west by west of Shrewsbury.
Source: The Shropshire Gazetteer, with an Appendix, including a Survey of the County and Valuable Miscellaneous Information, with Plates. Printed and Published by T. Gregory, Wem, 1824
The registers of Stapleton, Shropshire 1546-1812
- County: Shropshire
- Civil Registration District: Atcham
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Lichfield
- Rural Deanery: Condover
- Poor Law Union: Atcham
- Hundred: Condover
- Province: Canterbury