Distances – Bransford Bridge, over the river Teme, is about 3 miles, and the Chapel 4 ½ miles, S. W. of Worcester.
Population – In 1901, 248. Acreage, 1020.
Postal Information – Post Office, Bransford Bridge; Charles Banks, Sub-postmaster. Letters and Parcels arrive by mail-cart from Worcester at 5.15 a.m.; the delivery commences at 6 a.m.; letters are despatched by mail-cart at 7.45 p.m. on week-days and Sundays. St. John’s is the nearest money order and telegraph office. Post town, Worcester. The Letterbox in the Rectory wall at Leigh Hurst is cleared at 7. 38 p.m. on week-days and Sundays.
Chapel of Ease (St. John The Baptist) – Rev. A. M. Manley, M.A., Rector; John Newman, Churchwarden. (The Registers date from 1767.)
Bransford Road Station – Great Western Railway (in Powick parish) – William Curnock, Station Master.
Banks Charles, baker and sub-postmaster, Post office, Branford Bridge
Bartley J. C., Elmgrove
Busk Henry & Walter, practical machinists, blacksmiths, &c.
Busk Walter, Suckley road
Cazalet Edward J., farmer, Bransford court
Curnock Wm., station master, Railway statn.
Davis Thomas, station master at Leigh Court, Rose cottage
Essex Wm., farmer & hop grower, Gilberts
Grainger George, Bear & Ragged Staff Inn
Hardman George, farmer, Hole farm
Hooper John, boot & shoe maker
Mann Henry, assistant overseer for Leigh and Bransford
Mann William, relieving officer & registrar for Leigh district
Marshall George, coal agent (for J. & N. Nadin & Co.), Suckley road
Newman Jno., farmer & hop grwr., New ho.
Onley-Prattenton Edwd. John, Bank house
Stephens Mrs, Vine cottage
Stone Richard, Fox Inn
Weaver Samuel, farmer, Braces Leigh
White Thomas, miller, Bransford mills
Source: Littlebury’s Directory of Worcester & District. Tenth Edition. Printed and Published by Littlebury & Company, The Worcester Press, Worcester. 1905.