Beckbury is an Ancient Parish in the county of Shropshire.
Parish registers begin: 1661
Parishes adjacent to Beckbury
- Sutton Maddock
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
BECKBURY, a parish in Shiffnal district, Salop; on a tributary of the Severn, 4¼. miles SW of Albrighton r. station, and 5¼ S by E of Shiffnal. It has a post office under Shiffnal. Acres, 1,343. Real property, £2,140. Pop., 297. Houses, 66. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese. of Hereford. Value, £350. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is good.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales 1851
Beckbury, a parish in the liberties of Wenlock, union of Shiffnal, county of Salop; 6½ miles north-east of Bridgenorth. Living, a discharged rectory in the archd. of Salop and dio. of Hereford, valued at £5 3s. 4d.; gross income £350. Patron, the Crown. There are two daily schools in this parish. Pop., in 1801, 231 , in 1837, 307. Houses 60. Acres 1,640. A.P. £2,340. Poor rates, in 1837, £154
Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1851.
Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Beckbury, 6 m. E. Broseley. P. 312
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.
Gregory Shropshire Gazetteer 1824
Beckbury. A parish in the franchise of Wenlock, a rectory discharged, in the diocese of Hereford, the deanery of Wenlock, and archdeaconry of Salop. 54 houses, 285 inhabitants. 4 miles south-east by south of Shiffnal.
Source: The Shropshire Gazetteer, with an Appendix, including a Survey of the County and Valuable Miscellaneous Information, with Plates. Printed and Published by T. Gregory, Wem, 1824
- County: Shropshire
- Civil Registration District: Shifnal
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Hereford (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Hereford
- Rural Deanery: Wenlock
- Poor Law Union: Shifnal
- Hundred: Brimstree
- Province: Canterbury