Ashford Bowdler is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Shropshire, created in 1735 from chapelry in Bromfield Ancient Parish.
Parish church: St. Andrew
Parish registers begin: 1630
Parishes adjacent to Ashford Bowdler
The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales 1851
Ashford-Bowdler, a parish in the hund. of Munslow, union of Ludlow, county of Salop; 3 miles south from Ludlow; on the post-road to Tenbury. Living, a perpetual curacy in the archd. of Salop and dio. of Hereford; rated at £9; in the parliamentary returns at £40; gross income £55. Pop., in 1801, 79; in 1831, 99. Houses 17. Acres 630. A. P. £1,212. Poor rates, in 1837, £58.
Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1851.
Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Ashford-Bowdler, 3 m. S. Ludlow. P. 96
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.
Gregory Shropshire Gazetteer 1824
Ashford Bowdler A parish in the lower division of the hundred of Munslow, a vicarage discharged, in the diocese of Hereford, the deanery of Ludlow, and archdeaconry of Salop, partly in the county of Hereford. 16 houses, 89 inhabitants. 3 miles south-west by south of Ludlow.
Source: The Shropshire Gazetteer, with an Appendix, including a Survey of the County and Valuable Miscellaneous Information, with Plates. Printed and Published by T. Gregory, Wem, 1824
- County: Shropshire
- Civil Registration District: Ludlow
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Hereford (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Hereford
- Rural Deanery: Ludlow
- Poor Law Union: Ludlow
- Hundred: Munslow
- Province: Canterbury