Wytham is an Ancient Parish in the county of Berkshire.
Parishes adjacent to Wytham
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
WYTHAM, a parish in Abingdon district, Berks; 2½ miles NNW of Oxford r. station. It has a post-office under Oxford. Acres, 1,670. Real property, £2,137. Pop., 176. Houses, 39. The manor, with W. Abbey, a mansion, with a tower dating from the time of Henry VI., belongs to the Earl of Abingdon. A castle of the Saxon kings stood on W. hill. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £150. Patron, the Earl of Abingdon. The church was rebuilt in 1812.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Wyntham, 7 m. N. Abingdon. P. 189
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.
- County: Berkshire
- Civil Registration District: Abingdon
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Berkshire
- Diocese: Pre-1836 – Salisbury, Post-1835 – Oxford
- Rural Deanery: Abingdon
- Poor Law Union: Abingdon
- Hundred: Hormer
- Province: Canterbury
- Parish church:
- Parish registers begin: 1558
- Nonconformists include: