Kingston Lisle is a chapelry of Sparsholt Ancient Parish in Berkshire.
Other places in the parish include: Fawler.
Parish registers begin: 1559
Nonconformists include: Baptist
Parishes adjacent to Kingston Lisle
- Stanford in the Vale
- Baulking with Woolstone
The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales 1851
Kingston-Lisle and Harlow, a chapelry in the parish of Sparsholt, county of Berks; 4½ miles west of Wantage, in the line of the Wilts and Berks canal, and of the Great Western railway. Living, a curacy subordinate to the vicarage of Sparsholt. The Baptists have a place of worship here, and there is a daily school. Acres 2,060. Houses 34. A.P. £2,933. Pop., in 1801, 261; in 1831, 376. Poor rates, in 1838, £165 12s.
Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1851.
Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Kingston-Lisle and Farlow, 5 m. W. Wantage. P. 397
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.
Marriages at Kingston Lisle 1560-1837
- County: Berkshire
- Civil Registration District: Faringdon
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Berkshire
- Diocese: Pre-1836 – Salisbury, Post-1835 – Oxford
- Rural Deanery: Abingdon
- Poor Law Union: Faringdon
- Hundred: Shrivenham
- Province: Canterbury