Ashow is an Ancient Parish in the county of Warwickshire.
Parish registers begin: 1733
Nonconformists include: Presbyterian
Parishes adjacent to Ashow
- Leek Wootton
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
ASHOW, a parish in the district and county of Warwick; on the river Avon, adjacent to Stoneleigh, near the Northwestern railway, 2½ miles ESE of Kenilworth. It has a post office under Kenilworth. Acres, 1,012. Real property, £1,527. Pop., 149. Houses, 40. The property is not much divided. The manor was given, in the time of Edward IV., to the Abbey of Stoneleigh. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £295.* Patron, Lord Leigh. The church is ancient. Charities, £45.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Ashow, 2 m. S.E. Kenilworth. P. 172.
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.
The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales 1840
Ashow, a parish in the Kenilworth division of the hund. of Knightlow, union of Warwick, county of Warwick; 4 miles north-north-east from Warwick; on the river Avon. Living, a rectory, formerly in the archd. of Coventry and dio. of Lichfield and Coventry, now in the dio. of Worcester; rated at £6 2s. 1d.; gross income £295. Patron, in 1835, Chandos Leigh, Esq. There is a National school here. Charity to the poor £5 per annum. Pop., in 1801, 205; in 1831, 176. Houses 42. Acres 1,100. A. P. £1,797. Poor rates, in 1837, £86.
Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1840.
- County: Warwickshire
- Civil Registration District: Warwick
- Probate Court: Pre-1837 – Court of the Bishop of Lichfield and Coventry (Episcopal Consistory), Post-1836 – Court of the Bishop of Worcester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Worcester
- Rural Deanery: Stonleigh
- Poor Law Union: Warwick
- Hundred: Knightlow
- Province: Canterbury