Wyken is an Ancient Parish in the county of Warwickshire.
Parish church: St Mary Magdalen
Parish registers begin: 1600
Nonconformists include: Baptist
Parishes adjacent to Wyken
- Combe Fields
- Walsgrave on Sowe
Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales Circa 1870
Wyken, a parish in Foleshill district, Warwick; 3 miles NE by E of Coventry r. station. Post-town, Coventry. Acres, 670. Real property, £2,264; of which £550 are in mines. Pop., 148. Houses, 29. The manor belongs to Earl Craven. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £115. Patron, Earl Craven. The church is good.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Wyken, 3 miles N. E. Coventry. P. 115.
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.
A Topographical Dictionary of England 1831
Wyken, a parish in the county of the city of Coventry, 3 miles (N. E. by E.) from Coventry, containing 79 inhabitants. The living is a perpetual curacy, in the archdeaconry of Coventry, and diocese of Lichfield and Coventry, endowed with £400 private benefaction, and £400 royal bounty, and in the patronage of Earl Craven.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis 1831
Family History Links
- County: Warwickshire
- Civil Registration District: Foleshill
- Probate Court: Pre-1837 – Court of the Bishop of Lichfield and Coventry (Episcopal Consistory), Post-1836 – Court of the Bishop of Worcester (Episcopal
- Diocese: Worcester
- Rural Deanery: Coventry
- Poor Law Union: Foleshill
- Hundred: Knightlow
- Province: Canterbury