Wroxall is an Ancient Parish in the county of Warwickshire.
Alternative names: Wroxhall
Parish registers begin: 1586
Parishes adjacent to Wroxhall
- Baddesley Clinton
- Temple Balsall
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
WROXHALL, a parish in the district and county of Warwick; 2½ miles ESE of Kingswood r. station, and 6 NW of Warwick. Post town, Warwick. Acres, 1,735. Real property, £3,049. Pop., 144. Houses, 35. The manor, with W. abbey, belonged to the Bourgoynes, passed to the Wrens, and belongs now to J. Dugdale, Esq. A Benedictine nunnery was founded here in the time of Stephen by Hugh de Hatton, and was given, at the dissolution, to the Bourgoynes. The living is a donative in the diocese of Worcester. Value, not reported. Patron, J. Dugdale, Esq. The church is part of the old nunnery structure. Charities, £129.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Wroxall, 6 miles N.W. Warwick. P. 176.
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.
- County: Warwickshire
- Civil Registration District: Warwick
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Worcester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Worcester
- Rural Deanery: Warwick
- Poor Law Union: Warwick
- Hundred: Barlinchway
- Province: Canterbury