Shell is an extra-parochial place in the county of Worcestershire
Nonconformists included in Shell: Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Parishes adjacent to Shell
Littleburys Directory 1879
Shell, formerly a hamlet in Inkberrow, but near Himbleton (in the church of which parish is a chapel still called Shell chapel), is now a separate parish in the parliamentary borough of Droitwich, 5 miles S.E. of that town, and 8 ¼ N.E. of Worcester; is in the eastern division of the county and hundred of Middle Oswaldslow; highway district of Upton Snodsbury; union, county court, polling district, and petty sessional division of Droitwich; annual rateable value, £434; area of parish, 264 acres; population in 1861, 54; in 1871, 52; inhabited houses, 11. There are only two farms in the parish. Edward Bearcroft, Esq., of Mere hall, is lord of the manor and owner of the land. There is no church, chapel, or school, the place being for all practical purposes a part of Himbleton.
Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales Circa 1870
Shell, an extra-parochial tract in Droitwich Registration District, Worcester; 4 miles SE by E of Droitwich. Acres, 410. Pop., 54. Houses, 12.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales 1851
Shell, a hamlet in the parish of Himbleton, county of Worcester; 4 miles south-east by east of Droitwich. Acres 410. Houses 7. Pop., in 1811, 27; in 1831, 43. Other returns with the parish.
Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1851
Family History Links
- County: Worcestershire
- Civil Registration District: Droitwich
- Probate Court: Search the courts of the surrounding parishes
- Diocese: Not Applicable
- Rural Deanery: Not Applicable
- Poor Law Union: Droitwich
- Hundred: Oswaldslow
- Province: Canterbury
- Highway District: Upton Snodsbury
- County Court: Droitwich
- Polling District: Droitwich
- Petty Sessional Division: Droitwich