Sedgeberrow is a very small parish, about 3¼ miles from Evesham, and 12½ from Cheltenham, containing in 1851 a population of 348 inhabitants.
The Church is a large, ancient, and substantial edifice, with a small octagonal tower, surmounted by a spire; the building exhibits portions of the decorated and later English styles of architecture. The living is a Rectory, in the patronage of the Dean and Chapter of Worcester. Rev. Francis Henry Barber, Rector; Mr. Richard Male, Clerk. Service – 11 a.m. and 3 p.m.
There is a small Baptist Chapel. No stated minister, or regular time of service.
There is a small school-room in the village. Dorcas Moody, Mistress. Average number of scholars, 40.
Port Rev. George
Ashwin Frederick, farmer
Barnes William, shopkeeper
Buckle George, victualler, Queen’s Head
Burrows James, cider seller
Coldicott John, farmer
Cole Nehemiah, farmer
Hampton William, victualler, New Inn
Herbert William, miller
Nind William, farmer
Osborn John, farmer
Stephens Thomas, farmer
Stoke Caroline, shopkeeper
Stokes Joseph, blacksmith
Source: Billings Directory of Worcestershire 1855