Norton and Lenchwick is an Ancient Parish in the county of Worcestershire.
Other places in the parish include: Chadbury, Lenchwick and Norton, and Lenchwick.
Parish registers begin: 1538
Parishes adjacent to Norton and Lenchwick
- Evesham All Saints with St Lawrence
- Church Lench
Worcestershire Delineated C. and J. Greenwood 1822
Norton and Lenchwick – a parish in the hundred of Blakenhurst, lower division, 3 miles N. from Evesham, and 99 from London; containing 76 inhabited houses. It is a vicarage; Rev. William Wormington, incumbent; instituted 1785; in the patronage of the Dean and Chapter of Worcester. Population, 1801, 306 – 1811, 339 – 1821, 386.
Source: Worcestershire Delineated: Being a Topographical Description of Each Parish, Chapelry, Hamlet, &c. In the County; with the distances and bearings from their respective market towns, &c. By C. and J. Greenwood. Printed by T. Bensley, Crane Court, Fleet Street, London, 1822.
Lenchwick Topographical Dictionary of Great Britain and Ireland 1833
Lench-Wick, co. Worcester.
P. T. Evesham (99) 3 m. N. Pop. with Pa.
A township and chapelry in the parish of Norton and lower division of the hundred of Blackenhurst; living, a curacy subordinate to the vicarage of Norton, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Worcester, not in charge; patronage with Norton vicarage.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of Great Britain and Ireland by John Gorton. The Irish and Welsh articles by G. N. Wright; Vol. II; London; Chapman and Hall, 186, Strand; 1833.
- County: Worcestershire
- Civil Registration District: Evesham
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Worcester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Worcester
- Rural Deanery: Evesham
- Poor Law Union: Evesham
- Hundred: Blackenhurst
- Province: Canterbury