Naunton Beauchamp is a parish situated about 7 miles E. of Worcester, and contained in 1851 a population of 144 inhabitants.
The principal event in the history of this parish is the removal, in the thirteenth century, of the Littleton family, from South Littleton, near Evesham, to Naunton Court, where some of the family resided till the last century, when the property was sold to the present proprietor. Being almost the first family in the kingdom, both on account of its antiquity and extraordinary talent, we think this place may justly take a pride in claiming them as its natives. At the present time nothing remains but Ghost’s Walk – the site of a Roman Catholic Chapel, moated very curiously – and a dilapidated part of a mansion, now used as a farm-house, the principal feature of which is a magnificent oak dining table, with carved legs, of great antiquity.
The Church, dedicated to St. Bartholomew, is a small but ancient edifice, consisting of nave, chancel, and western tower, with diagonal buttresses; the body of the church was restored upwards of eighty years since, the tower being the remaining portion of the original edifice. The church contains many monumental memorials to the Littleton family, but none of an earlier date than 1624. There is also a memorial to the Rev. John hunt, dated 1747; the family of this gentleman have been residents in this parish for upwards of two centuries. The living is a Rectory, in the patronage of the Lord Chancellor. Rev. William Dannett, B.A., Rector; Mr. William Perks, Clerk. Service – 11 a.m. and 3 p.m., alternately.
There is no Parochial or National School in this parish.
Dannett Rev. William, B.A., Rectory, Rectory
Bakewell James, farmer
Hunt George, farmer, New House
Morris William, beer retailer, farmer, and shopkeeper
Perks William, farmer and Parish Clerk
Sumner John, farmer, Naunton Court
Slade Thomas, shoe maker
Source: Billings Directory of Worcestershire 1855