Ocle Pychard is an Ancient Parish in the county of Herefordshire.
Other places in the parish include: Livers Ocle.
Parish registers begin: 1773
Parishes adjacent to Ocle Pychard
- Stretton Grandison
- Preston Wynne
- Much Cowarne
- West Hide
- Morton Jeffries
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
OCLE-PITCHARD, a parish in Bromyard district, Hereford; 3¼ miles N by W of Stoke-Edith r. station, and 6¾ S W by W of Bromyard. It includes Ocle-Livers; and its post town is Withington, under Hereford. Acres, 1, 507. Real property, £2, 709. Pop. in 1851, 221; in 1861, 299. Houses, 51. The property is subdivided. The manor belongs to J. L. Harrison, Esq. The S side of the parish is traversed by the Hereford and Gloucester canal. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Hereford. Value, not reported. Patron, T. Hill, Esq. The church is ancient; has a fine tower and some good painted windows; and was restored in 1869. There is a free school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Ocle-Pitchard, 6 m. S.W. Bromyard. P. 219.
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.
- County: Herefordshire
- Civil Registration District: Bromyard
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Hereford (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Hereford
- Rural Deanery: Frome
- Poor Law Union: Bromyard
- Hundred: Broxash
- Province: Canterbury