Cinderford is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Gloucestershire, created in 1845 from part of Dean Forest Holy Trinity Ecclesiastical Parish.
Parish registers begin: 1843
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist, Baptist
Parishes adjacent to Cinderford
- Dean Forest Christ Church
- Dean Forest Holy Trinity
- Hinders Lane and Dockham
- Dean Forest St Paul
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
CINDERFORD, a chapelry in Forest of Dean, Gloucester; 3½ miles WNW of Newnham town and r. station. It has a post office under Newnham. Pop., 3,180. Here are extensive iron-works. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £300. Patron, the Crown. The church is modern, cruciform, and in the early English style. There are Baptist and Methodist chapels.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Gloucestershire
- Civil Registration District: Westbury on Severn
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Gloucester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Gloucester and Bristol
- Rural Deanery: Forest
- Poor Law Union: Westbury on Severn
- Hundred: St Briavels
- Province: Canterbury