Dorrington is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Shropshire, created in 1845 from Condover Ancient Parish.
Parish registers begin: 1845
Nonconformists include: Independent/Congregational
Parishes adjacent to Dorrington
Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales Circa 1870
Dorrington, a chapelry, with a village, in Condover parish, Salop; on an affluent of the river Severn, and on the Shrewsbury and Hereford railway, 6 ¼ miles S of Shrewsbury. It has a station on the railway, and a post-office under Shrewsbury. The chapelry was constituted in 1845. Pop., 382. Houses, 72. the property is divided among a few. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £127. Patron, T. H. H. Edwards, Esq. The church is recent; and there is an Independent chapel.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Gregory Shropshire Gazetteer 1824
Dorrington. A township in the parish of Condover, and in the Condover division of the hundred of Condover. The residence of William Cross Curtis, Esq.
Source: The Shropshire Gazetteer, with an Appendix, including a Survey of the County and Valuable Miscellaneous Information, with Plates. Printed and Published by T. Gregory, Wem, 1824
The Register of Lyth Hill and Dorrington Independent Chapel 1808-1837
Shropshire parish registers: Nonconformist and Roman Catholic registers (1903)
Author: Shropshire Parish Register Society; Evans, George Eyre; Fletcher, W. G. D. (William George Dimock), 1851-1935; Kinsella, William
Publisher: [London]: Privately printed for the Shropshire Parish Register Society
- County: Shropshire
- Civil Registration District: Atcham
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Hereford (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Lichfield
- Rural Deanery: Condover
- Poor Law Union: Atcham
- Hundred: Condover
- Province: Canterbury