Jackfield is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Shropshire, created in 1790 from Broseley Ancient Parish.
Parish registers begin:
Parishes adjacent to Jackfield
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
JACKFIELD, a village and a chapelry in Broseley parish, Salop. The village stands on the right bank of the river Severn, near Ironbridge r. station, and 1 mile NE of Broseley; and has a post office under Wellington, Salop. The chapelry was constituted in 1862. Pop., about 1,500. Bricks and tiles are extensively made, and ironstone is calcined. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £109. Patron, alternately F. B. Harries, Esq. and the Rector of Broseley. The church was built in 1863, to the memory of G. Pritchard, Esq., at a cost of £3, 000; is in the French second pointed style, of coloured bricks with stone dressings; is cruciform; and has a turret of unusual character, 75 feet high. There is a national school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Shropshire Gazetteer 1824
Jackfield. A curacy within the parish and township of Broseley, in the diocese of Hereford, the deanery of Wenlock, and archdeaconry of Salop, and in the franchise of Wenlock. ¾ mile north-east of Broseley.
Source: The Shropshire Gazetteer, with an Appendix, including a Survey of the County and Valuable Miscellaneous Information, with Plates. Printed and Published by T. Gregory, Wem, 1824
- County: Shropshire
- Civil Registration District: Madeley
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Hereford (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Hereford
- Rural Deanery: Wenlock
- Poor Law Union: Madeley
- Hundred: Much Wenlock Borough
- Province: Canterbury