Bourton is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Shropshire, created in 1770 from chapelry in Much Wenlock Ancient Parish.
Alternative names: Atterley Bourton
Other places in the parish include: Atterley and Walton and Atterley.
Parish registers begin:
Parishes adjacent to Bourton
- Much Wenlock
- Acton Round
- Stanton Long
Gregory Shropshire Gazetteer 1824
Atterley. A township in the parish of Much Wenlock, and in the franchise of Wenlock, 1 ½ mile south-east of Much Wenlock.
Source: The Shropshire Gazetteer, with an Appendix, including a Survey of the County and Valuable Miscellaneous Information, with Plates. Printed and Published by T. Gregory, Wem, 1824
- County: Shropshire
- Civil Registration District: Madeley
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Hereford (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Hereford
- Rural Deanery: Wenlock
- Poor Law Union: Madeley
- Hundred: Much Wenlock Borough
- Province: Canterbury