Cheddington is an Ancient Parish in the county of Buckinghamshire.
Other places in the parish include: Seabrook.
Parish registers begin: 1539
Nonconformists include: Baptist and Wesleyan Methodist.
Parishes adjacent to Cheddington
Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales Circa 1870
Cheddington, a parish in the district of Leighton-Buzzard and county of Buckingham; on the Northwestern railway, at the junction of the Aylesbury branch, 4 ¼ miles S by E of Leighton-Buzzard. It includes part of Seabrook hamlet; and it has a station on the railway, and a post-office under Tring. Acres, 1,398. Real property, £2,486. Pop., 628. Houses, 119. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £233. Patron, Earl Brownlow. The church is perpendicular English; consists of nave and chancel, with a square tower; and has a carved open pulpit, and a decorated octagonal font. There are chapels for Baptists and Wesleyans. Charities, £12.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72]
Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Cheddington, 1 mile N. Ivinghoe. P. 439
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850
Marriages at Cheddington 1552-1812
- County: Buckinghamshire
- Civil Registration District: Leighton Buzzard
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Buckingham
- Diocese: Pre-1845 – Lincoln, Post-1844 – Oxford
- Rural Deanery: Pre-1845 – None, Post-1844 – Mursley
- Poor Law Union: Leighton Buzzard
- Hundred: Cottesloe
- Province: Canterbury