Altham is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Lancashire, created in 1723 from chapelry in Whalley Ancient Parish.
Other places in the parish include: Sykeside.
Parish registers begin: 1596
Parishes adjacent to Altham
- Church Kirk
- Clayton le Moors
- Accrington St James
- Great Harwood
The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales 1851
Altham, a chapelry in the parish of Whalley, union of Burnley, co. -palatine of Lancaster; 5 miles west of Burnley. Living, a perpetual curacy in the archd. and dio. of Chester; rated at £11 15s. 8d.; gross income £117. Patron, in 1835, R. T. W. Walton. There are a daily and a Sunday school here. Pop., in 1801, 328; in 1831, 413. Houses 67. Acres 1,160. A. P. £2,975. Poor rates, in 1837, £110.
Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1851
- County: Lancashire
- Civil Registration District: Burnley
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Chester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Manchester
- Rural Deanery: Whalley
- Poor Law Union: Burnley
- Hundred: Blackburn
- Province: York